On October 25th, 2014, I will be playing games for 24 hours straight!
That may sound like all fun and games (haha) but trust me, it gets pretty tough around hour 16 or so.
Extra Life is an annual event where gamers across the world play games for an entire day to raise money for sick kids.
I will be doing this for John's Hopkins Childrens' Center, one of many Miracle Network Hospitals that gamers around the world will be marathoning to support on October 25th.
Children's Miracle Network Hospitals treat thousands of children each year, regardless of their family's ability to pay. These kids are facing scary stuff like cancer, cystic fibrosis, and injuries from accidents to name just a few.
Last year, my team Charlie Foxtrot raised $2,375 for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. Let's make that number even bigger this year!
If you're sold already, head on over to my fundraising page and click 'Support me!', or click the 'Donate Now!' button to the right!
If not... keep on reading.
Last year, I did a Kickstarter-style set of donation levels with rewards. This year I will be doing the same thing, but the rewards will be different, so read on for more details.
If you donate $10 or more to my Extra Life page...I will owe you a giant hug and give you a big thank you on Facebook and/or Twitter during the October 25th marathon!
If you donate $24 or more to my Extra Life page...I will owe you the hug and thank you, AND I will record myself playing any song of your choice on any of the various Rock Band games that we own!
- You choose the song - ANY song that is available for purchase on the network is up for grabs (if we don't own it, I will buy it!), as well as any song from Rock Band, Rock Band 2, Rock Band 3, Green Day Rock Band, or Beatles Rock Band. CHOOSE WISELY! You can make me "sing" a rap song, or play some ridiculously difficult guitar piece, or just play any song you think would be funny. Have fun with it!
- You choose what instrument I play (guitar, bass, drums, microphone, or keyboard for songs that have it available)
- I will record myself playing it and post it online!
Note: any songs chosen by October 22nd will be posted on or before Oct 26th. All song choices must be made by November 2nd and will be posted online before the end of November.
If you donate $50 or more to my Extra Life page...
You get a hug, thank you, a recorded Rock Band song (see above), and I will spend 30 minutes during the marathon playing the game of your choice! (Note: if I do not already have access to said game, game must be easily attainable within time period available and of reasonable cost to obtain. Games available on Steam are probably ideal for this!) I will also either record or stream this playthrough so you and anyone else can watch if you would like!
If you donate $75 or more to my Extra Life page...
I'll give you all of that other stuff, plus...
- I will spend 1 hour during the marathon playing the game of your choice! (Note: if I do not already have access to said game, game must be easily attainable within time period available and of reasonable cost to obtain. Games available on Steam are probably ideal for this!) I will also either record or stream this playthrough so you and anyone else can watch if you would like!
- I will post a short video review on YouTube of said game at some obscene hour of the marathon so you can see how I am faring and how I like the game.
If you donate $100 or more to my Extra Life page...
I'll give you all of that other stuff, except...
- I will play TWO games of your choice, 1 hour each, and post video reviews of each during the marathon. (Same restrictions apply.)
- AND I will design and build you a three page website on the topic of your choosing!
Note: You choose the topic, I do the rest. If you choose you as a topic, I'll make a website dedicated to you. If you choose model trains as a topic, I'll make a site dedicated to model trains. If you choose an obscure movie quote as a topic, I'll dig up whatever I can find and build a site around that. Special requests outside of the topic are fine, but they must be simple and I cannot guarantee that they will be honored! For example: if you want the website to be mostly green, I can probably do that. But if you want the website to have blogging functionality, I may have to charge you my freelancing rate ;)
So - if you want to support me and sick kids (and get some neat extras in the process!) go to my fundraising page and click 'Support me!', or click the 'Donate Now!' button to the right!